Tuesday, August 30, 2011

... Often Uses the Phrase "Hi, I'm Julia and I'm a Procrastinator"?

So yeah... I am a horrible, horrible, horrendous PROCRASTINATOR.

Like, it's gone from minorly humorous to relatively ridiculous. I procrastinate on everything from homework to eating. Yeah... I'm too lazy to eat sometimes. I'll be sitting at my house on the couch, lounging around and all of a sudden my stomach will start gruesomely growling at me, begging for some food, and I'll consider walking the three feet to my kitchen and grabbing a snack, but then my brain goes "Hmm... No, that's a whole lot of work." and I'll just continue sitting there, my stomach cursing my name, and continue watching whatever program I'm currently enjoying (probably Doctor Who) or whatever game I'm playing (probably Assassin's Creed).

So, I suppose, thinking hard on the topic, my procrastination is directly attributed to my hardcore, Olympic-medal-winning-status laziness. I’m not actually sure where my laziness comes from. I was never lazy as a child; I just didn’t want to do much. Instead of going out and running around on the playground after school, I would sit on my bed and read. When I got older I became a little more active, but then once middle school and high school started up, I let my laziness take over and I became the inactive, lazy, unathletic and completely lovable person I am today.

Though looking at me, I don’t think you’d be able to tell that I eat the worst junk food – ALL THE TIME – and that I despise the idea of exercise. Most of the time people – those that don’t know me and by correlation don’t know how lazy I am – tend to think that I’m an athlete of some kind.

Oh how wrong they are.

If I was an athlete of some kind, I could imagine myself at home ten minutes before the beginning of a game or race or match, tutting about and coming up with excuses not to go to whatever sporting event was taking place.

But back to the actual subject at hand – ranting never looked so good, did it? – I am indeed a horrid procrastinator. I put things off until, sometimes literally, the last minute. Homework I usually do in the mornings before heading to school or in classes right before the class the homework is due. Projects rarely get done until the night before unless I really, strangely, having a drive to do them earlier (maybe extra credit? I like extra credit).

So yeah, now my laziness is taking control and I’m sick of writing this. I hope you all enjoyed reading this little… informative writing? Eh, whatever. And I also hope you enjoyed imagining a Procrastinators Anonymous session like I did.

Ta-ta!

P.S. Oh, and for those of you few that are wondering… Yes, this post was supposed to be up yesterday but I put it off until today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment